Videography Services at OVC
OVC supports faculty and staff with videography services related to the educational role of the College. As a position funded by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities, all videogaphy work – from videotaping, editing to dubbing – should be related to the educational role of OVC. This includes facilitating teaching, showcasing the results of teaching and providing information and education about the College, its faculty, students and staff.
Complete Video Services Request form prior to booking time with videographer.
Videography services for teaching and educational work that are conducted during normal business hours (generally 8:30 am – 12:00 pm and 1:15 pm – 4:45 pm) will not have a charge. There will be a charge for materials used in projects.
Faculty or staff projects that are not teaching or education related will be charged as follows:
- Within business hours weekdays: $60 per hour
- Outside business hours weekdays: $90 per hour
- Saturday/Sunday/Holiday: $120 per hour
Current research projects underway as of April 2010 and scheduled for completion by 2011 will be grandfathered.
The range of videography services available is extensive and includes:
- Video script/outline consultation and project planning
- Voice-over recording for video
- Live video streaming
- Video format conversion
- Video archiving and restoration
- Guest lecturers/speakers
- DVD creation and AVI, .MOV, LFV and WMV file types
- Videography Services also has available two FLIP high definition video cameras that can be lent to faculty and staff.