Maintaining a safe food source is of critical importance to public wellness. University of Guelph is home to the Canadian Research Institute for Food Safety, and continues to focus on microbial food safety issues. Many of the disease agents that cause food poisoning in humans have their source in animals, and often despite their severity in humans these agents do not cause serious disease in humans. A thorough knowledge of the factors that affect these agents on the farm and during food processing is vital to prevent their occurrence in humans.
Food Safety Topics
- Frequency/Distribution of Foodborne Pathogen on Farms
- Interventions and On-Farm Control
- Virulence factors
- Molecular and Diagnostic Methods
- Foodborne Diseases in Humans
- Food Safety Policy
- Laboratory Studies in Food Safety
- Risk Factors for Food Safety Pathogens in Livestock
- General Topics in Food Safety
© 2013 Centre for Public Health and Zoonoses. All Rights Reserved.